My Top 5 for 2016
My Top 5 from 2016!
Here it is, folks. My list of 5 reasons that 2016 didn't totally suck. Read, enjoy, and find your happy, friends!
1. Eli started school! This isn't a "yay hooray my child is at school so I can do XYZ" thing. Going every day to play with a group of kids his age has been wonderful for him! He loves his friends, his teachers, and everyday after school when I ask what he did he responds with "I learned, mamma!". Also, I have become quite the connoisseur of handprint crafts.
2. This Is Water. This group, these people. Working with them makes my soul sing! Since last January I've participated in 3 full productions at the Watershed Garage, and a staged reading at the Grand Stafford, and so much more is in store. I love my work with the theatre, and am grateful every day for the opportunity to act in a professional capacity in the small town I love so much.
3. Sheila. Our sweet, shaggy, fluffy, puppy girl. We rescued her at Texas Red's Festival in September this year, and haven't looked back since. Her butt never stops wiggling, and she prefers to go running no less than 2 times daily, so we're basically soul mates.
4. Pure Energy Dance Productions. I still get to dance, and not only that, I get to pass the love of dance on to the next generation of musical theatre loving kiddos. Watching my kids learn to move and express themselves through dance is nothing short of an honor. Plus... someone pays me to dance around to Disney music. I pretty much win at life.
5. My Boys. My Hippie. Our Junior Hippie. My constants. They make every day wonderful, even when there are less than fun things in them. They are the happiest part of every year, all the time. They are my happy.
Happy New Year to you all. May 2017 bring love, glitter, a way to remove the glitter, and more love. Cheers!